I’ve been a fitness professional for the majority of my adult life. I’ve worked as a group fitness instructor, personal trainer and a presenter/educator for some of the finest gyms in NYC before becoming the proud owner of my own studio. I strive to address the individual as a whole including physical and nutritional well being, happiness, and overall level of energy. I keep my programs interesting using a variety of modalities including, but not limited to the stability ball, TRX, Pilates apparatus, Bosu ball, heavy ropes, and kettlebells.
- Interval training geared toward weight loss
- Pre and postnatal fitness (including diastasis recti rehabilitation)
- Pilates programs geared toward core strength
- Senior programs (I’m a certified trainer for older adults)
- Exercising with Fibromyalgia
- Exercise for those with eating disorders
- ACE-Group Fitness Instructor
- NSCA-Personal Trainer
- AFFA-Group Fitness Instructor
- Resist-A-Ball-Master Trainer (former presenter)
- Cycling Instructor-Multiple Certifications
- Mat Pilates
Meet The Trainers
Throughout Mikes training career he has worked with a diverse population in achieving fitness goals and enhancing their lives. His tailor made programs use a variety of modalities keeping clients continuously engaged. Mike has completed extensive continuing education toward fitness and nutritional programming in optimizing body composition, core strength and mobility. His objective is to not only have clients look good, but to enhance energy levels and stay injury free.
- International Sports Science Association (ISSA)
- Certified Poliquin Biosignature Modulation Body Composition
With over 20 years in the fitness industry, I have worked in some of the most prestigious gyms in New York before making Dakota Personal Training my home. I strive to make my workouts creative, functional, and effective. Through my experience I have worked with vast populations ranging from competitive athletes to the geriatric population and many levels between.
- Nutritional Counseling
- Athletic Competition preparation
- Metabolic Weightloss training
- Older Adult training
- Rehabilitative training
- NASM -Personal Trainer
Damon Baram brings almost 20 years of experience to fitness. He is certified by three of the leading organizations: ACE, NSCA, and NASM. He has three specialties: Yoga, Boxing, and post-rehab. He is a certified Hatha Yoga teacher by the Integral Yoga Institute. He weaves together his diverse background to customize each clients routine. When he is not training clients he has a Holistic medicine practice with a focus on orthopedic /sports injuries. He is a licensed NYS massage therapist and Acupuncturist.
- Weight loss
Studio manager since 2016
Felix is a former professional Dancer/Choreographer and has many years of teaching experience. He holds a Bachelor’s degree in Physical Education and a Fine Arts in Dance. He is a Certified Yoga and Mat Pilates instructor. He teaches Vinyasa flow classes and Pilates in different studios in New York. His workouts incorporate Power Yoga sequences, Pilates, functional exercises and core strengthening and alignment re-education.
- Bachelor’s degree in Physical Education
- Bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts in Dance
- Certified Yoga trainer